Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life with Colt




I love being a Mommy! It has been so much fun these last 3 weeks having Colt in our lives! I can't describe how sweet it is holding him in my arms and realizing we created this little bundle of joy! Jake just can't get enough! He has been such a helpful Daddy! He loves to burp Colt after I feed him and is great at changing diapers too! He comes home for lunch everyday and can't wait to get his hands on him when he walks in the door. Our days include sleeping, eating and pooping :) We have gotten into a pretty good routine of eating every 3 hours. I am breast feeding and it is the most amazing thing how God created women! After Colt eats, he usually is awake for a little while and this is when he is the cutest! He'll just kick his legs and look all around. The nights haven't been too rough. I'll feed Colt at 10:00 and then swaddle him all up and put him in his crib. On a good night, the next feeding has been falling around 3:00 am and then rise and shine, 7:00 he's ready to eat again! The 3:00 feeding isn't too bad, but that 7:00 AM comes early! I keep saying I am going to stay awake after I feed him, but every morning Colt and I end up snuggling on the couch together until it's time to eat again at 10:00. No complaining here... my favorite time with my son :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers